Wrangell Sentinel -

Good news for subscribers to the Wrangell Sentinel: Our new website features the paper's full contents and in available to all subscribers. You can purchase online-only subscriptions, too!

The Way We Were

In the Sentinel 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago.


Nov. 14, 1912: Considerable uneasiness is felt here for the safety of “Capt. Kidd” a well known Wrangell character, who with his daughter, went up the Stikine to the Hot Springs some six weeks ago and who have not been heard from since. From all information gathered they must have been out of provisions for a week. Deputy Marshal, Schnabel made an attempt to get up the river Saturday on the Black Fox but the slush ice was running too strong and the party was obliged to turn back. Efforts are being made to have Chief Shakes and some of his braves attempt a passage up the river with provi...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 06/18/2018 03:26