Wrangell Sentinel -

Good news for subscribers to the Wrangell Sentinel: Our new website features the paper's full contents and in available to all subscribers. You can purchase online-only subscriptions, too!

The Way We Were


In the Sentinel 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago.

May 29, 1913: A deal was consummated Saturday whereby L.G. Pruell and T. Berthelson became proprietors of the Kirmse Jewelry and curio store, and took possession on that day. The buy is a good one as the store has a nice local trade in jewelry and curios in addition to the repair work and captures a great deal of the tourist trade. The two new owners are both well known in Ketchikan as being energetic young businessmen, Gus as assistant manager at the Tongass Trading Company with which he has been associated for the past 13 years and possess a...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 05/04/2018 22:04