Petersburg eagle euthanized after electrocution


PETERSBURG (AP) — An eagle rescued from a Petersburg beach has been euthanized.

KFSK reports the eagle had been at the Alaska Raptor Center in Sitka for about five weeks.

The eagle couldn’t fly because it had a broken bone in its wing.

However, it became evident during rehabilitation that the bird had been electrocuted. Staff workers found a part of the eagle’s wing with a bone in it on the floor of the large flight area, meaning the bone had died in the electrocution.

Electrocutions are common in southeast Alaska. There’s a large population of eagles, and some birds will fly into...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024