May 3, 2023
Wrangell Public Schools is accepting applications for the following position for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Custodian: This is a full-time, year-round classified position with benefits, 7.5 hours per day. Salary placement is on Column B of the Classified Salary Schedule. Job duties include but are not limited to keeping our school complex clean and assisting with setting up rooms for classes, large presentations and business meetings as needed; and assisting with minor repairs. A High School Diploma or equivalent is desired.
- Elementary Library Paraprofessional (tentative): This is a part-time, 9-month position working 5.75 hours per day with students one-on-one or in small groups in the library at Evergreen Elementary School. Salary placement is Column C on the 9-month Classified Salary Schedule. The successful applicant must have an associate degree or equivalent (or higher) or the ability to pass the para pro assessment (administered by the district).
Wrangell Public Schools is accepting applications for the following positions for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Early Childhood Education Teacher: This is a full-time teaching position working with children with special needs. The position requires an Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsements in Elementary Education.
- We are also accepting applications for the following extracurricular positions for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Baseball Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Basketball, Boys Assistant Coach
- Class Advisers:
- Freshmen Class
- Sophomore Class
- Senior Class Co-adviser
- Cross Country Running Head Coach
- Softball Head and Assistant Coach
- Volleyball Head and Assistant Coach
- Elementary Student Council Adviser
For more information and a detailed job description, please contact the District Office at 907-874-2347. These positions are open until filled. It is Wrangell Public School District policy to not discriminate based on age, race, color, national origin, sex or disability.
Do you have something to sell? Having a garage sale? Looking to buy something? Classified ads for individuals and community groups are free in the Sentinel. Contact Amber at 907-874-2301 or email email@example.com.