September 13, 2023
First Presbyterian Church will hold a garage rummage sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 22 and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 23 at the church. Accepting donations now. Call 907-874-3534 or text 907-660-7112 to coordinate donation pickup or drop-off.
Wrangell Public Schools is accepting applications for the following positions for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Long-term Substitute Elementary School Teacher: This position is anticipated to begin on Jan. 4 and run through March 4, 2024. An Alaska Type A Teaching Certificate with the appropriate endorsements is required.
- Activities Director: The Activities Director organizes and administers the district’s program of interscholastic athletics and extracurricular activities including development and support of school “spirit.” This is a contracted position with the district. The successful applicant should expect to work some evenings and weekends to support the activities program as needed and is expected to travel to regional events and meetings. The position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to carry out the rules and regulations set by the Alaska School Activities Association and the district. The expected contract duration is from Sept. 15, 2023, to June 30, 2024.
Also accepting applications for the following extracurricular positions for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Baseball Head Coach and Assistant Coach
- Class Advisers:
Freshmen Class Co-adviser
Senior Class Co-adviser
- Softball Assistant Coach
- Elementary Student Council Adviser
- Middle School Boys Basketball Assistant Coach
For more information and detailed job description, please contact the District Office at 907-874-2347. These positions are open until filled. It is Wrangell Public School District policy to not discriminate based on age, race, color, national origin, sex or disability.
Petersburg Borough has an opening for a permanent full-time Motor Pool Equipment Mechanic. Starting wage for this position is $29.42 an hour. Three years of vehicle repair and maintenance employment experience is required. Possession of a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and tanker endorsements is preferred; however, applicants with the ability to obtain the required CDL within the first six months of employment will be considered. A full job description and employment application can be obtained from the Borough’s website at http://www.petersburgak.gov. Applications will be accepted at the front desk of the Borough office, 12 S. Nordic Drive, or mailed to P.O. Box 329, Petersburg, AK 99833, attn: Human Resources. Open until the position is filled.
LAND FOR SALE
Two Stikine River properties on the west side of Farm Island in King Slough: 200-foot frontage, 6-plus acres, $80,000; 8-acre backlot, lots of good access, $60,000. Can access the main river at any stage of tide. Willing to finance. Call 907-518-0101.
Looking for property for sale with water and power hookup with one acre or more. Prefer out of town. Call Stan at 425-231-3230.