Wrangell Sentinel -

Good news for subscribers to the Wrangell Sentinel: Our new website features the paper's full contents and in available to all subscribers. You can purchase online-only subscriptions, too!

The Way We Were


September 10, 1914: The fire department was called out last Sunday to extinguish a fire in the house occupied by J.R. Bender, back of the St. Michaels Trading Company store. The fire started from distillate being spilled on a hot stove which flamed up and set fire to a tank used to supply an oil burner stove, which in turn flamed up and set fire to the house. The house is owned by P.C. McCormack. The fire came very close to being a disastrous one, but for the ready response of the fire boys, who extinguished it in fine shape, but only after the entire inside of the house was burned out. Mr....

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 01/13/2019 05:44