Wrangell Sentinel -

Good news for subscribers to the Wrangell Sentinel: Our new website features the paper's full contents and in available to all subscribers. You can purchase online-only subscriptions, too!

The Way We Were


In the Sentinel 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago.

February 9, 1916: A fire completely destroyed the home of Councilman Chas. Bryant at 2 a.m. this morning. The fire caught from a defective stove pipe is the belief of Mr. Bryant. The house was situated near the head of the bay. Mr. Bryant was up town late last night and upon returning home he started a fire and after getting a bite to eat he went to bed and woke a half an hour later to see that the ceiling was ablaze. He gave the alarm and getting help succeeded in getting all his personal effects out, the only things lost were a few tools and...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 02/08/2019 08:15