A piece of history

St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Wrangell is the oldest Catholic parish in the state. The first church was built in 1879, according to the church's website, but was dismantled in 1898. A new building was constructed in 1908. St. Rose underwent extensive remodeling in the late 1920s and early 1930s, and has remained largely unaltered since then, though there are always work projects for the more-than-century-old building....

 

Reader Comments(0)