Fire damages trailer home on Shoemaker Loop

Friends started a GoFundMe campaign Tuesday evening for the Halee Mathis and Darryl Bartlett family after an afternoon fire damaged their trailer home on Shoemaker Loop Road.

No one was home at the time of the fire, Bartlett said, except for the family’s pet turtle, Raph, which the fire department saved. This was the second house fire to hit his family in four years, Bartlett said.

Fire Chief Tim Buness said the cause of the fire was uncertain, but they believe it had something to do with the kitchen stove. Several of the trailer’s roof supports were damaged in the fire, he said, so while the home is still standing it will not be safe to live in until it is repaired.

The fire was reported about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The GoFundMe campaign has a $30,000 fundraising goal for the Mathis and Bartlett household and their children.


Reader Comments(0)