The Way We Were

From the Sentinel 100, 75, 50 and 25 years ago

Nov. 16, 1922

The PTA committee on playgrounds, appointed at the last meeting, reported having visited two tracts of land close in. One was the tract back of the residence of the Salvation Army captain near Church Street. It was stated that this land is flat enough and of sufficient size to afford an extensive playground. The second tract visited was that adjoining the Presbyterian Church. While this section is ideal for residential property, the committee was of the opinion that it was not so suitable for a playground as the one near Church Street, since it would require a greater amount of c...

 

Reader Comments(0)